Fordham Notes: Fordham Commencement Hour by Hour

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fordham Commencement Hour by Hour

11 a.m. Honorary Degrees Conferred . . .



Honorary degree recipient Marian Hall Seldes, accompanied by Matthew Maguire, M.A., director of Fordham's Theatre Program.


Brian Williams tells Fordham graduates: "I have 18 community college credits to my name. I dropped out of every college on that list. I got my working papers at 14, I worked any where they would pay me. I got as lucky as a kid gets growing up in this country, and that’s the only reason I am standing here talking to you today."


Brian Williams calls out Fordham senior Andrea Paul for her blogging, and brings her to her feet.




Father Joseph M. McShane, S.J. sending off the Class of 2011: "Set the world on fire."

1 comment:

Ballroomrocks said...

Beautiful day for graduation on Edwards Parade ground! Congratulations to Jennifer Barbarite on graduating with a BS in Psychology from Rose Hill!